Summer School Registration
ENTERPRISE HIGH SCHOOL
2021 SUMMER SCHOOL
Dates: June 8 – July 22 (see below for Driver’s Education dates)
All instruction will be provided online via ACCESS (except Driver’s Ed). Students will complete all of their coursework at home and must have a computer and Internet access. Students may work at their own pace and may complete early. Driver’s Ed instruction will be provided via Google Classroom. Students must be enrolled in the Enterprise City School system to enroll in summer school classes. Space is limited, so students are encouraged to register early.
COST: The cost for a traditional summer course is $200 per credit hour ($100 for ½ credit).
Students who have previously attempted a course and failed the course with no lower than
a 40 average may take a credit recovery course. Credit recovery courses cost $25 per class. Students may pay with cash or check in the guidance office. Summer school is self-supporting; courses are offered on the basis of enrollment and funds collected.
ALL FEES MUST BE PAID AT TIME OF REGISTRATION.
SUMMER SCHOOL COURSE OFFERINGS
- Driver’s Education (½ credit, $100) – see specific Driver’s Education information below
- Career Preparedness (1 credit $200) – rising 9th graders may take Career Preparedness to create room in their freshman schedule for an additional elective.
- Government and Economics (1 credit, $200) – rising seniors may take Government (½ credit) and Economics (½ credit) to create room in their senior schedule for an additional elective. Students must enroll in both Government and Economics unless a credit has already been earned. These courses will be offered as Credit Ad You must have a Credit Advancement Request Form completed and turned in at the time of summer school registration. If you are not recommended for Credit Advancement, you will have the opportunity to complete Government and Economics in its traditional format on ACCESS. *NCAA does not accept Credit Advancement courses.
- Credit recovery ($25) – any student who previously failed a class with a final average of no less than 40 may participate in credit recovery at a cost of $25 per course. Students may register for only one class at a time; however, upon completion of a course, students may register for an additional class, if time Credit Recovery offerings include: Algebra 1, Algebra 1A, Algebra 1B, Geometry, Algebra 2, Algebra 2 with Trigonometry, World History, US History 10, US History 11, Government and Economics, Biology, Physical Science, Chemistry, Environmental Science, English 9, 10 ,11, and 12.
STUDENTS MUST SEE A GUIDANCE COUNSELOR PRIOR TO REGISTRATION TO INSURE PROPER PLACEMENT. *NCAA does not accept Credit Recovery Courses.
- Foreign languages, Electives, and Core Classes – students may take foreign languages, elective, or one core class during the summer with special administrative permission.
DRIVER’S EDUCATION CLASS INFORMATION
Registration for Driver’s Ed will be on April 8, 2021. THAT MORNING ONLY registration
will be held at the Enterprise City School Service Center, 1648 East Park Avenue, from 7:30 AM– 10:00 AM. Students MUST have a valid driver’s permit to take the class.
Registration will resume at 1:00 PM at the EHS Guidance Department if there are spaces available. The cost for Driver’s Ed is $100. Payment in cash or check will be accepted. We will not be able to accept debit/credit cards.
Space is limited to 90 students and registration is first come, first served. Classroom instruction
will take place via Google Classroom beginning June 1. Students should report to the MPR
at 10:00 A.M. on June 1 for preliminary instructions. Two driving groups will be organized. One group will drive June 9th-30th and the other group will drive July 1st-30th. Each student will drive with the instructor for approximately six (6) hours (divided into two driving experiences). Exact driving days will be determined once the course has started.
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Registration begins March 16, 2021, in the EHS Guidance Office. The costs listed above are in
effect through May 26. After May 26 a late fee of $25 will be assessed. There will be no
registration May 27-31.